The Apra Canada Conference is happening this year on October 26-28 in Toronto, ON, and we are looking for presenters!
If you have something you would like to share with the Apra Canada community, please consider submitting a presentation proposal.
The deadline for applications is Friday, July 15 at 5 p.m. EST.
We will acknowledge each application received and notify applicants by Monday, August 15, 2022.
Please ensure that you are able to appear on any day of the conference, October 26-28, 2022. If selected, you are giving Apra Canada permission to distribute and edit your session abstract, biography and presentation.
You do not need to be a current Apra Canada member in order to present at the conference. If you are interested in signing up for a membership, please email email@example.com or visit our registration page to join.
Apra Canada cannot cover conference registration fees, travel or related expenses for speakers. You do not have to register for the conference to present your session but will need to register to attend other sessions.
The Apra Canada Conference will be paperless. We will ask all presenters to submit presentation slides and handouts by the end of September, allowing delegates' time to access and print before arriving at the conference site.
What topics or sessions is Apra Canada looking for?
- In addition to our usual programming, (Prospect Research 101, industry trends and forecasting, data analytics, etc.) we are looking for a diverse range of perspectives and a diversity, equity, and inclusion lens to be incorporated into presentations this year.
- According to our latest survey, here are some topics our members are interested in:
- How to remove unconscious bias in prospecting
- Researching and working with donors from diverse communities
- Identifying international prospects
- Gathering DEI data ethically in Canada
- Prospect management - how to find prospects, how to work with fundraisers in portfolio reviews, managing a donor pipeline, etc.
- Using Power BI, Tableau, or other visual data analytics and reporting programs
- Understanding financial reports, stock options, using SEDI/SEDAR, etc.
Please submit your presentation proposals here - we can't wait to hear from you!