This is a call for nominations for directors of the Apra Canada Board for 2021-2022. Nominations must be sent via e-mail to Sarah Chiu at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, October 29, 2021 (5pm EST).
Why should you join the Apra Canada board?
It’s a chance to get more involved with Apra Canada and to work with and learn from your colleagues across the country. You will also gain professional development experience serving on the board of a non-profit association. Plus, you’ll have fun! Check out these job descriptions to learn more.
Each Board candidate must display a willingness to be an active participant of a working board for a two-year term beginning in November 2021 and ending in November 2023 and must:
1. Be an Apra Canada member in good standing
2. Have been an Apra Canada member in good standing for the six (6) month period preceding the nomination
3. Have at least six (6) months of experience in advancement research
Please note that as Apra Canada is a registered Society in the Province of British Columbia, the Board must have a representative from BC. It has always been the Board’s goal to be geographically diverse, thus we will again be seeking greater representation across geographic areas and industry sectors in Canada and we would ideally like to add at least one board member from the prairie provinces and/or Atlantic Canada.
How to Complete a Nomination:
- Please use the nomination form to nominate yourself for an opening on the Board. Note that your nomination form will be submitted to the membership for review during the voting process. Nominations must be sent via e-mail to Sarah Chiu at email@example.com no later than Friday, October 29, 2021 (5pm EST).
- In addition, please indicate and submit your areas of interest. Please note that Apra Canada directors are elected generally to the board, and roles are determined after new directors have been elected, based on vacancies. Although we will try to match directors with areas of interest, we cannot guarantee that new directors will be matched with their top choice in their first year on the board.
All nominations received by the deadline will be reviewed to determine the slate of candidates that will be presented to the membership for a vote in early November 2021.
If you have any questions about the nomination process or about serving on the board, please contact:
Your nominations make a difference and ensure the continual development of Apra Canada as a meaningful organization for researchers.