Apra Canada supports its members in pursuing professional development through conference attendance. We are committed to providing funds for quality education and networking opportunities for our Canadian researchers. This year we will be awarding:
- 1 scholarship valued at $1,500 CDN to attend the Apra International conference in person in Indianapolis, IN, USA from August 29th-31st, 2023. This will allow the Apra Canada member to take advantage of the early bird registration rate of $1,030 USD (for members of Apra International) or $1,345 USD (for non-members of Apra International).
- 2 scholarships valued at $750 CDN to attend the Apra International conference virtually from August 29th-31st, 2023. This will allow the Apra Canada member to take advantage of the early bird registration rate of $495 USD (for members of Apra International) or $620 USD (for non-members of Apra International).
The scholarships will cover the cost of conference fees up to the amount provided. Funds will be distributed to the recipient following payment and upon presentation of receipts and any other documentation.
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need.
- Applicants must demonstrate leadership potential.
- Applicants must work at least 50% of the time in advancement research for a nonprofit organization in a non-consulting capacity.
- Applicants must be current members of Apra Canada (former members may renew their memberships before applying).
- Apra Canada Board Members cannot apply.
- Applicants must not have a co-worker participating on the Scholarship or Award judging panel.
- Award recipients will be expected to share their conference experience in the Scoop newsletter.
About the Radikha Jaggernauth Conference Scholarships
In August of 2012, the Canadian prospect research community lost a valued member. Radikha Jaggernauth passed away after being diagnosed with cancer. Radikha was an Apra Canada Director responsible for the Regional Representatives and had given a great deal of time volunteering with APRA over the years. Radikha contributed directly to the success of a number of organizations including the Heart and Stroke Foundation, UNICEF and the United Way of Greater Toronto. A kind hearted, funny, inquisitive, and focused individual - committed to Apra Canada and the research profession. In Radikha's honour, the 2011-2012 Board of Directors renamed the Apra Canada Scholarships the Radikha Jaggernauth Memorial Scholarships.
The Apra Canada Board strongly encourages all eligible members to apply!
The application form can be found here.
Applications to the 2023 Radikha Jaggernauth Conference Scholarships are due Sunday, June 18, 2023 by midnight (EST).
Completed applications may be forwarded to – Kathleen Fric, Secretary, Apra Canada Board of Directors at firstname.lastname@example.org.