ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR/DIRECTOR, PROSPECT RESEARCH
We are seeking an Associate Director/Director, Prospect Research to join Weizmann Canada’s (About Us) high performing team. You will be responsible for providing strategic, relevant, and timely information in support of our efforts to raise funds for the Weizmann Institute of Science. You will also be responsible for managing projects, policies, and procedures related to prospect and information management. While we have offices in Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver you can be based anywhere in Canada, as long as there is some flexibility in working with colleagues in their respective time zones.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Is a curious, lifelong learner with the ability to understand and get excited about science that benefits humanity
- Is excited about the world of prospect research: thinking through the strategy to connect potential donors with various projects; maintaining expertise on research best practices; and, engaging with the APRA community to stay up to date
- Is a self-starter who takes pride in exceptional quality of work, achieving goals, and having a reputation as a strong performer
- Is flexible, proactive and resourceful
- Communicates or seeks out clear expectations
- Provides prompt and positive support to team members
- Demonstrates professionalism, confidentiality, and commitment
- Requires a Master of Library and Information Science with a minimum of 7 years of experience conducting prospect research in the not-for-profit sector
- Energetic, self-starter with a “can-do” attitude who works well independently as well as part of a team that is geographically dispersed
- Excellent project management, organizational, research, analytical, and reporting skills
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
- Advanced level of proficiency with Microsoft Office products and search tools such as SEDAR, SEDI, CRA Charities, CharityCAN etc.
- Proficiency with Raiser's Edge/RE NXT, including database management, data mining and analysis and report generation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in creating and maintaining tools to accurately track donors and relationship building activities
- Knowledge of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
- Prospect identification: Proactively identify new leads and prospective donors
- Research: Prepare research briefs and fulfill ad hoc research requests
- Prospect Management: Develop and administer procedures to better assist the fundraising team with the management of their portfolios ensuring they are supported for successful cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies
- Information Management: Provide training sessions to team members on effectively managing information in Raiser’s Edge/RE NXT and the Donor Library in Office 365
- Business Intelligence: Evaluate and track sector trends, business forecasts, and philanthropic campaigns sharing with team members via daily media reviews, team check-ins and prospect review meetings
Work Environment and Culture:
- Busy, service- and results-oriented, collaborative, and supportive environment
- Shared commitment and support of the overall goals of the organization
Weizmann Canada is committed to providing an excellent work environment for team members to be their best self. We offer a competitive compensation package, commensurate with experience including a robust benefits plan.
Salary Range: $80,000 plus commensurate with experience
Candidates are asked to please submit both a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com
Candidate submissions will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and the position will remain open until filled.