About Camp Ooch & Camp Trillium
A diagnosis of childhood cancer changes life in an instant. For affected children and families, it can suddenly feel like everything is about cancer.
Camp Ooch & Camp Trillium (merged in 2020) offers a different journey, where kids with cancer can just be kids, and families connect with a community of strength and support when they need it the most.
So much more than a summer camp—we offer the social cure for childhood cancer. Our camp-inspired programs deliver fun, friendship, and community to children and families at no cost to them year-round, all across Ontario. New in 2020 are virtual camp opportunities reaching kids and families living in isolation—at home or in the hospital—wherever they are! Cancer changes a child’s life. So does camp. And so can you. Learn more at www.ooch.org.
As a collaborative member of the Marketing, Communications and Donor Experience department, the Administrator, Donor Experience supports stewardship of all of Ooch & Trillium donors and plays a key role ensuring accurate and timely processing of donations. Working with the donor experience team, the incumbent will process both monetary and non-monetary donations in to Raiser’s Edge, issuing tax receipts as per CRA guidelines and working closely with our accounting department for accurate record keeping.
This role also supports our events team with reconciliation of donations as well as stewardship and acknowledgement of our corporate and individual supports of our events.
Reports to: Associate Director, Donor Experience & Analytics.
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada – 464 Bathurst St. This role is currently a hybrid position combining working remotely from home with working from the office up to 3 days per week or more. We expect this to continue to be a hybrid work from office/work from home role in the future.
Reports to: Associate Director, Donor Experience & Analytics
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada – 464 Bathurst St. This role is currently a hybrid position combining working remotely from home with working from the office up to 3 days per week. We expect this to continue to be a hybrid work from office/work from home role in the future.
Experience and Qualifications
- Proficient computer skills with Raiser’s Edge knowledge
- Minimum 2 years of administrative experience or revenue processing experience
- Demonstrated ability to interact comfortably, tactfully and effectively with donors as well as internal and external stakeholders
- Experienced in handling sensitive and confidential situations directly
- Knowledge of donation and receipting processing and CRA regulations is an asset
- High attention to detail and initiative
- Must possess the ability to think strategically, work independently and as a member of a team
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and well developed interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Excellent proficiency in Excel and Word
- Demonstrated commitment to exceptional customer service and a pleasant phone manner
- Demonstrated ability to keyboard high-volume data quickly and accurately
- Ability and willingness to obtain a police reference check as a condition of employment.
- University degree or diploma in fundraising or relevant discipline or commensurate work experience
- Raiser’s Edge Fundamentals
- CAGP Gift Planning Fundamentals
- Demonstrated commitment to volunteerism or volunteer sector.
Well organized, strong sense of ownership, sound judgment, enthusiastic, collaborative, passionate, personable, adaptable, diplomatic, attention to detail, able to work in an open concept office environment, and a strong interest in fundraising for children with special needs and exceptionalities.
Particular Working Conditions
- The position involves some evening and weekend commitments, and is eligible for overtime under our Lieu Time Policy.
- In consideration of the population the organization serves, it is preferred that the applicant is a non-smoker.
Compensation & Benefits
This position offers an annual salary range of $40,000 - $46,000 commensurate with experience, full benefits package, vacation, and professional development.
Please send a cover letter, resume and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject reading 2021034 – Administrator, Donor Experience.
We will expect to commence screening applicants the week of August 30th, 2021. This posting will remain open until filled.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information about Camp Ooch & Camp Trillium, please visit www.ooch.org - No phone calls please.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Camp Ooch & Camp Trillium invites applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, visible minorities, indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. In accordance with Canadian Immigration requirements, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
Upon request, Camp Ooch & Camp Trillium will provide to applicants with disabilities, accommodations that take into account the applicants’ accessibility needs, in order to facilitate participation in the recruitment, assessment, selection and hiring stages.